By: Melanie Walend
- How has your senior year been so far?
Senior year is going by way too fast and it’s a little stressful with everyone reminding you to take the ACT, take college visits, and apply for scholarships. But also I’m ready to go out and make a future for myself.
- Are you involved in any sports or extracurricular activities?
Youth4Youth, Student Council, National Honor Society, and Diesel With Dahman
- Do you have a job?
I work at Regal in the box office.
- What do you plan on doing after you graduate?
After graduating I will either be attending Cleveland State or Mercyhurst to study Pediatric Oncology.
- What is your favorite high school memory?
My favorite memory was the Forensic Final Exam, being knee deep in mud trying to collect evidence.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Why?
Dahman. She has motivated me to accomplish so much more through my high school years. She believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself.
- What is your favorite class? Why?
Out of fours years of high school my favorite class was anatomy. I may sound like a nerd, but I love learning how the human body functions, I find it so fascinating.
- What are three interesting things that you plan on doing during your lifetime?
1.I want to travel the word
2.Once a have some type of medical degree I want to travel to a third world country to help others.
3.Be able to come back to Lorain and show everyone who told me I wouldn’t make it that I made it.
- What is your favorite food and color?
Food: A bacon burger
- Do you plan on having children in the future? How many?
I do plan on having children. I have no idea how many, but I do have three names already picked out.
- If you had one million dollars, what would you spend it on, besides college?
If I had one million dollars I would donate a majority of it pediatric oncology. The rest I would save for the future.
- What is your favorite book and movie?
Book: Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby
Movie: Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What are you most excited for this year?
Football games. Prom. Graduation.
Enjoying my last year of high school and making the most out of it.
- What advice do you have for underclassmen?
Don’t slack off. Before you know it you’ll be a senior and college will be looking at you.
- Anything else that you want to add?
I have learned so much through high school not just with academics, but about people and the purpose they have in your life. You will end high school with a completely different group of friends than what you started with. Everyone grows into different people. We all started high school scared of what the future holds. But after receiving counseling from our teachers and counselors we are excited to see what the future holds for us.
-Olivia Horstmann, Class of 2017